Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The PP104 Project: final words

Feedback on the PP104 project ("Paco's New Computer") has been positive and for the most part, I'm satisfied with the final results. There are a few things I might have changed, however, if I'd thought of them and/or had time to do them:
  • I would've added a line-drawing-format matching exercise;
  • I would've used an actual photo instead of the graphic;
  • I might've added an exercise on multiple meanings of some of the targeted phrasal verbs;
  • I might've given more suggestions for what the spin-out project would be.
  • I might've included more information in the grammar notes.
Things I'm fairly satisfied with:
  • fairly good display on both Macs and PCs;
  • organization of the lesson;
  • inclusion of individual, pair, and group work;
  • inclusion of a variety of phrasal verbs—from some common ones to some unusual ones;
  • inclusion of a pretty usable reference list;
  • inclusion of a link, on the teachers' pages, to the student pages (Thanks, Mary).
Things I'm not satisfied with:
  • The lesson is not really usable in most of the classes I normally teach: it's too long.
  • I wasn't clear enough in distinguishing between meanings of check out and look over.
  • I didn't include information on verb + preposition combinations vs phrasal verbs.
I don't know if these comments have provided enough detail to show how I proceed in developing materials, but I think they have shown one thing: the process is not fast and (for me, anyway) it moves along by fits and starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home