Monday, May 23, 2005

PP104: The Sample Lesson

To create my sample lesson, I thought doing a series of webpages would be a good idea because it seemed a good way of unifying the materials and providing a way to access them.

To assemble the basics, I first made a simple file for the index ("entry") page. I then copied the index page and renamed it several times to make the content pages. To add a little interest, I found one graphic in Microsoft Word clip art (the silhouette of the person at a computer and found another one (the "under construction" graphic) at a free clip art site. Then I changed the basic material on each content page (names, titles, interior links), sketched out the lesson plan, FTPed the pages to the server hosting my personal website, viewed the pages and (in DreamWeaver) made several modifications. This meant I needed to remove the files that had been changed and then FTP the modified files to my webserver. I then announced the URL of the in-progress sample lesson pages at the PP104 site.

Thoughts at the moment:

I don't like the "plain vanilla" format of the site, but I don't want to spend time to make it more visually interesting. Also, I was (as always) amazed at how long it took to create even such a simple site as the Week 4 page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home